Returning home!

edited January 2016 in General
It's been so long since I've involved myself with this community. Ever since WishRealm died I got a bit butthurt and abandoned Illutia completely. I worked quite hard to reach level 50 in WR so I felt pretty bummed out about it's demise. But now I'm back!

You might remember me from WR as either OmgStfu or Jimbodawg. Years and years ago when I played WishRealm I played under the moniker BlueIllutian but seem to have forgotten my login info as well the password to the email associated to it. (wonder if it can be recovered somehow..?)

Anyways, I've started fresh and you can find me in-game as "jmbdwg," like on these forums!.

Happy New Year! :D

Comments

• Your a Nobody. (Eternal)
  • I’ve been called worse by better.
  • 1. No you haven't
    2. You just insulted yourself.
  • Bless your heart..
  • Hey man, welcome back
  • I was actually going to log in aswell. Just to see what's up. But. Every time I log in the game crashes.
  • Hey Ninny, what OS are you using? Does it give you a runtime or just close?
  • I'm on 8. No run time, just closes.
  • Beats me. If you can get it to work, it's going to run pretty slow for you. I'm not familiar with Windows 8, I skipped that one.

Try running as admin, compatibility mode, windowed/full, change your screen resolution, make sure it's plugged in. I know for Win 7 the screen changes my desktop theme properties (I think from Aero to Basic), so maybe mess with those too. That's all I got.
  • Bummer, I already do all of those things. Ah well.
  • Rats. This is steering the topic even more, but I was looking into the lag with Windows 8 and 10. It's not just Illutia that's the problem. Other people have had problems with 2D/sprite based games dropping to ridiculously low fps. I can't seem to find a good solution yet.

I want to be able to play with you guys whenever you decide to pop on though, so hopefully there's some attainable fix other than downgrading to 7.